** Download a PDF of Amy’s resume here. **
POCOCK RACING SHELLS — Everett, WA 2010 to 2012
Premier North American designer and builder of elite boats for the sport of competitive rowing.
Director of Marketing 3/10 to 6/10
General Manager 6/10 to current
Rapidly promoted to General Manager with oversight of all marketing, business development, office operations, HR, and customer service. Redesigned, optimized, and launched new website; built and managed social media communities; created and executed business development and market expansion initiatives; developed full line of comprehensive educational and brand-driven unique content in line with branding goals. In two years, turned around devastating sales decline due to economic conditions, rebounding sales over 30% to all-time high.
- Took over floundering website redesign, launching site in two months. Optimized SERP’s to increase organic traffic by over 22%. Time on site skyrocketed +46% due to drastically expanded educational resource and unique content development via blog and white papers.
- Identified, customized, and implemented online customer account and billing system with cloud accounting provider. Subsequently, customer service inquiries (phone and email) decreased by over 50%, average days-to-pay went from 67 to 12, and 90+ days in arrears invoices decreased by over 90%.
- Quadrupled customer and lead databases via website CTA’s and lead generation forms (average conversion rate: 23%), and email marketing (average open rate: 49%, and average click rate: 27%).
- Created and annually ran highly targeted business development initiative to build personal relationships and communicate core messaging to an intimate group of high value prospects. Pocock CEO called the three-day educational conference “the most creative, successful business development tactic in company history.”
- Planned and coordinated every aspect of company’s 100 Year Anniversary party for 350 guests, including caterers, parking, communications, VIP attendance, and media coverage.
THE YOGA TREE – Seattle, WA 2010 – 2011
Fremont yoga studio with a 20+ year history in Seattle.
Social Media Consultant, 03/10 to 7/11
Tasked with establishing and growing a Facebook Fan page to generate greater client engagement, attract new clients, and better communicate the brand’s core benefits and values. Collaborated with owner and studio manager to craft cross-promotions for studio events via email, web, and Facebook.
Facebook, email marketing, marketing campaigs, constant contact, social media marketing tools and metrics
- Built out The Yoga Tree’s Facebook Fan page.
- Created multi-platform Fan Page notification campaign to encourage adoption among existing clients.
- Crafted messaging to better communicate the core benefits and offerings of the business, and to increase client connections.
CHOCOLATE BOX – Seattle, WA 2009 – 2010
Upscale specialty chocolate shop in the heart of downtown Seattle.
Marketing Consultant, 09/09 to 1/10
Tasked with executing website overview and analysis, including usability, e-commerce ease of use and messaging. Worked with contracted web agency to make improvements to improve user experience and ease of online purchasing within the constraints of the current web CMS and shopping cart software. Built out social media tools to engage with customer base, drive online reviews, and fill empty seats on the shop’s trice-weekly specialty chocolate tours.
Website Architecture, Funnel Analysis, Social Media Strategies including: Facebook Fan Page Building, Twitter Engagement, Yelp and Trip Advisor Review Generation
- Decrease the number of individual web pages by 26% by removing duplicate pages, inactive products, and unnecessary click-through pages.
- Established Facebook Fan Page (Chocolate Box) and Twitter account (@chocoboxSEA)
- Increased Tour sales by 21% over same period 2008 via online promotion and last minute empty seats fulfillment with Twitter and Facebook real-time communication and discounting.
- Launched review generation initiative via Facebook Twitter and in-store. Experienced a 20% increase in online review over same period last year.
106 PINE WINE BAR & SHOP – Seattle, WA 2009 – 2010
Wine bar and shop featuring local NW wines and food pairings. Sister shop to Chocolate Box. Opening January 2010.
Marketing Consultant, 09/09 to 1/10
Employed to build out brochure website and develop social media avenues for pre- and post-launch promotion and communication. Built online ticketing website and promotion for the bar’s Urban Wine Tour – kicking off January 2nd.
Social Media Network Setup: Facebook and Twitter, Event Promotion via Social Media Channels
- Launched 106 Pine brochure website with online ticketing capability.
- Established Facebook Fan Page (106 Pine) and Twitter account (@106Pine)
- Immediate response with online bookings to the launch of the Urban Wine Tour with only Social Media communication channels.
- Connected potential wine makers with the bar’s Beverage Manager via Twitter search and follower cultivation.
IMPREV, INC. — Bellevue, WA 2008 – 2009
Leading application service provider (ASP) of self-service marketing solutions for the real estate market.
Director of Marketing, 6/08 to 10/09
Charged to build/execute annual online branding, marketing and PR plans for each of three distinct, major target markets within the real estate sector: national corporate market (senior-level decision makers within corporate headquarters of large real estate companies), regional market (real estate offices/brokers in WA and OR), and national retail market (real estate agents). Develop SEO and SEM initiatives; a full spectrum of multimedia (print and online) marketing collateral; ongoing press releases, case studies, and white papers; drip direct-mail campaigns; and agent adoption plans.
Website Architecture, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Sales Team Support, Lead Generation, Drip Marketing, Enterprise-Level Marketing, Public Relations, Software Marketing
Led team in the development, content, design, and launch of new .com website to complement .net application website. Optimized site, user experience (UX), and search engine strategy to develop a strong lead-generating tool and propel breakthrough results:
- Grew search engine traffic from 40.4% to 55.6% and decreased bounce-rate by 8%.
- Catapulted site “stickiness” by 160% (increasing average time on site from 1:38 to 2:29).
- Upped average page views per visit by nearly 150% (from 2.2 to 3.26).
- Achieved the above results despite a nationwide downward trend in all category-related searches of over 30%.
- Delivered industry-leading search engine results page (SERP) improvements. Elevated organic search rankings on multiple keywords to achieve top three Google and Yahoo! rankings (with estimated market values of keywords and long-tail terms of $427K+).
- Renegotiated $40K sponsorship contract with primary industry organization/partner, lowering Imprev’s costs by 30% while maintaining all previous-year benefits.
- Propelled Imprev’s continued growth during one of the most severe declines in the residential real estate market nationwide (with most competitors reporting declines of up to 40%).
Nielsen-Kellerman Company (NK) — Boothwyn, PA 1999 – 2008
High-growth electronics developer/manufacturer for niche markets.
Director of Marketing, 8/05 to 3/08
Rapidly promoted, culminating in oversight of corporate marketing strategy and projects, website, budget, and creative/administrative team. In charge of market research and analytics; multi-channel campaign development; and all marketing functions, including: trade shows and events, press briefings, print and online advertising, brand creation and extension, media planning and buying, PR efforts, collateral development, print production, website development, and sales trending, forecasting, and support).
Comprehensive Marketing Planning, Budgeting (including forecasting and tracking), Product Launches, Press Relations, Departmental Management (including hiring), Cross-Platform Sales Initiatives, e-Commerce Management, Product Development Collaboration
- Developed and launched integrated, multi-channel print, catalog, web, and direct marketing campaigns that increased average market share nationwide to approximately 90% and propelled a 300% increase in sales (from $3M in 2000 to $9M by 2007 year-end).
- Increased e-commerce sales and monthly average page-views by 255%, improved customer support, and cemented strong company brand following major redesign of company website.
- Directed strategic planning and branding of entire product line to drive average annual sales growth of 12% for the past three years (exceeding forecasts all years by up to 13%).
- Directed SEO and internet marketing initiatives, doubling inbound links and increasing rankings by an average of three spots.
- Improved sales and marketing cost-effectiveness to help drive a two-year margin improvement of 25%. Introduced new tracking and product/customer support systems; brought marketing functions in-house; and fostered strategic co-op and cross-promotional partnerships.
- Planned an average of 27 domestic and international trade shows and events annually that generated new business, elevated brand awareness, and positioned company for global expansion.
Brand Manager, 3/00 to 8/05
Sales Associate, 8/99 to 3/00
Promoted to develop, track, and administer budget for all national advertising, marketing, PR, and brand awareness/insistence campaigns. Managed website and all PR activities (e.g., media relations, editorial coverage, and press release writing). Served on product development team, analyzing market status, development costs, and pricing/competitive factors.
Account Management, Print Planning and Buying, Print Campaign Development, Press Relationship Building & Product Placement, Event Planning, Sales Metrics & Tracking
- Raised brand insistence via print campaigns and strategic product placements. Elevated unknown Kestrel brand to become the #1 market leader nationwide, and increased advertising response rates 47%.
- Enhanced brand awareness by targeting niche and mainstream editorial staff, TV networks, and movie studios. Generated 7.5M+ impressions of free publicity, capturing feature coverage, favorable product reviews, and product placements in/on: The Today Show (NBC), Good Morning America (ABC), Shooter (Paramount Pictures), Outside Magazine, Popular Mechanics, Popular Science, Sports Illustrated, Business Week, US News & World Report, Men’s Health, National Geographic Adventure.
- Helped develop and led market launch of 21 new products. Identified market opportunities and created campaigns generating $3.6M in sales (46% bottom-line growth).
- Grew product line each year by opening new and expanding existing markets. Achieved #1 U.S. market share within outdoor, outdoor trade, marine, and wildland firefighting sectors.
Media Planner (Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals Account), 6/98 to 7/99
Planned print and television media strategies for McNeil Pharmaceutical accounts, focusing on brand development and awareness. Performed day-part and programming selectivity analysis, negotiated positioning/merchandising with consumer magazines and agency of record, and wrote client presentations and agency Point of View (POV) documents.
- Served on team to launch first TV advertising campaign of its kind (in category) for brand (Ortho Tri-Cyclen) during the infancy of televised pharmaceutical advertising, which elevated product to become the #1 prescribed oral contraceptive nationwide.
- Invited by agency SVP of new business as one of only two junior members to serve on pitch team for Dell Computers, resulting in a multimillion-dollar, Fortune 500 account win.
- Completed yearlong media planning training program, encompassing:
– Corporate Branding & Strategic Planning
– Media Research Tools & Resources
– Radio/Print/Television Planning
– Trade & B2B Advertising
– Formulating Media Strategies
– Media Metrics & ROI
– Media Plan Development & Tracking
– Organization & Time Management
** Download a PDF of Amy’s resume here. **